When you run an online store, you want to get maximum from your website visitors. From sales (customers) to leads (prospects), everything matters on your journey to growth.
Unfortunately, not everyone is going to simply make the purchase or leave their details unless you prompt them with your offer. For that, an exit intent popup Shopify app makes it easier to display the right offers to the right visitors at the right time.
As there are a lot of exit-intent popup apps available on Shopify, it can be tough to make the right pick. That is why we have researched and reviewed the top apps to create popups and have come up with the 11 best tools.
A Quick Look at Best Exit Intent Popup Apps for Shopify & Their Features
|Popup Tool||Key Features||Pricing
|Picreel||Ready-to-use customizable templates|
Target highly specific traffic
Popup personalization options
Advanced trigger options
A/B testing and advanced analytics
|Starter - $14/month
Basic - $52/month
Plus - $112/month
Pro - $299/month
Enterprise - Custom quotes on request
|Privy||Easy to install and integrate|
Pre-loaded template library
Drag and drop popup designer
Multiple targeting options
Custom plans start at $15/month
|Sales Popup||15+ popup templates|
Advanced customization options
Reporting & analytics options
Multiple trigger settings
Integration with Mailchimp and Omnisend
|Adoric||Huge collection of popup templates|
Simple 3-steps popup maker
Clean and friendly analytics
Recommendations advanced algorithm
Easily connects with popular apps
|Free - $0
Essentials - $29/month
Standard - $79/month
Pro - $199/month
|Wisepops||Drag and drop popup editor|
50+ popup templates
Powerful targeting options
|Small Businesses - $29/month
100,000 pageviews - $49/month
250,000 pageviews - $99/month
500,000 pageviews - $149/month
1,000,000 pageviews - $249/month
Enterprise - Starting from $250/month (Custom quotes available)
|OptiMonk||200+ pre-designed templates|
Shopping cart abandonment detection
Built-in A/B testing and analytics
Multiple triggers and targeting rules
|Free - $0
Essential - $24.16/month
Growth - $65.83/month
Premium - $165.83/month
Master - Custom quotes on request
|Popupsmart||55+ high-converting popup templates|
Mobile-friendly with 4 layouts
Effective targeting options
100+ flawless integrations
Basic - $29/month
Pro - $79/month
Expert - $129/month
|Personizely||Different types of popups|
Easy to design, responsive popups
Multiple trigger options & targeting rules
Web personalization module
Seamless integration with popular apps
|Plans starting from $23/month (10k visitors)
|Poptin||Simple editor with customization|
Drag and drop features
Basic targeting options
3 types of website popups
Basic - $15/month
Pro - $39/month
Agency - $79/month
|Abandonment Protector||Wide range of popup forms/templates|
Traffic segmentation & trigger options
Detailed reporting & statistics
Popups available in 3 languages
|Paid plans start from $6/month
|Knowband||Advanced popup customization options|
Easy organization of collected leads
Discount coupon management
Built-in integration with MailChimp
What is a Shopify Exit-Intent Popup
A Shopify exit-intent popup is an overlay that is displayed to the visitors when they are about to leave your Shopify store. The popups are triggered using exit-intent technology, and you can display compelling offers to engage the visitors.
Just like any other popup, you can customize the design, graphics, content, CTA, etc., as you want. As you want to stop your leaving visitors, the call-to-action button should redirect the visitors to a relevant page (link). But, how does a Shopify exit intent popup works? Let’s check it out first.
How Do Exit Intent Popups Work in Shopify
Exit-intent popups, as we mentioned above, use exit-intent technology. This technology tracks the movement of website visitors in real-time. This movement includes the tracking of the mouse such as clicking a link/back button, moving the cursor to the address bar, or the Close [X] button. On mobile devices, when visitors scroll up quickly, that is an exit intent.
When there are such movements, the popups are triggered and displayed to the visitors at the perfect moment. There are many more options in the best Shopify exit intent popup apps to target audiences in a specific region, coming from a certain source (link), etc. You can achieve a lot by tweaking the targeting rules and trigger options to display popups.
Let’s see the advantages of using popup apps.
Why Use Shopify Popup Apps
Well, why exactly do you need an exit-intent popup app for your Shopify store? Are there any significant benefits from this implementation and investment? If implemented correctly, popups have the potential to increase your conversions by 15-300%. There’s a lot more to it. Let’s have a look at the reasons to get started with Shopify popup apps right away.
- Reduce Cart Abandonment: Using exit-intent popups on your Shopify store, you can stop visitors from abandoning their carts. By displaying a discount offer/free shipping code, you are likely to engage the visitors. You can also recommend similar products to up-sell/cross-sell as shoppers don’t like to miss money-saving opportunities.
- Grow Mailing List: You can grow your mailing list for email marketing campaigns significantly using exit popups. You can display opt-in popup forms or lead magnets by offering coupons, free guides/gifts, access to premium newsletters, and so on. In return, visitors are more likely to leave their email addresses.
- Boost Sales & Conversions: The average website abandonment rate is 70%. These visitors are less likely to return back to your Shopify store. With the help of popup marketing and exit-intent popups, you can push the shoppers down the sales funnel to complete their purchases. It definitely increases conversions and sales.
- Guide Visitors: Sometimes visitors need a little nudge in the right direction, and with popups, you can guide visitors towards better product choices and offers. Based on their site activity, you can display relevant popups to redirect them to the right content. It also helps in delivering a delightful experience to the shoppers.
- Capture Feedback: Some shoppers will just leave your store, and the best you can do is try to understand them. With the help of Shopify exit survey software, you can find out the reason behind their departure. By knowing why visitors are saying goodbye, you can improvise to get them back on your website.
Plenty of reasons to implement exit popups on your Shopify store, right? We have done all the hard work for you by creating a list of the best Shopify exit intent apps. Let’s get right into it.
Top 11 Exit Intent Popup Apps for Shopify to Boost Leads & Sales
Our team tried the popular and top-performing popup apps for Shopify and has come up with these 11 tools to help you grow your business. Let’s check out the list!
1 – Picreel
Picreel is our number one choice, and there are many reasons to use this user-friendly exit-intent popup app. From precise tracking and targeting to trigger options, Picreel lets you display engaging popups to your store visitors at the perfect moment. With a wide template library of Shopify exit intent popup collections, you can get started with Picreel in less than five minutes. With A/B testing, personalization options, and reporting plus analytics suite, you are sure to have an instant impact on your business in terms of sales and conversions.
- Multi-channel campaigns with 100+ ready-to-use templates
- Easy-to-navigate interface
- Advanced personalization options
- Multiple triggers and targeting options
- A/B testing with complete analytics
- Integration with 700+ popular sales and marketing tools
- Starter – $14/month
- Basic – $52/month
- Plus – $112/month
- Pro – $299/month
- Enterprise – Custom quotes on request
2 – Privy
Privy is an all-rounder tool that comes with three sets of marketing modules – email, SMS, and popups, to help you grow your business. It is a free exit intent popup Shopify app with affordable paid plans as well. The tool mainly focuses on small eCommerce businesses and provides great marketing solutions to engage & interact with more website visitors. The drag and drop editor with a pre-designed template library makes it easy for you to design exit popups. With a decent range of targeting plus trigger options, you can accurately target the right audiences with popups.
- Pre-loaded template library
- Drag and drop popup designer
- Multiple targeting options
- In-built A/B testing module
- Easy to install and integrate
- Free plan
- Custom plans starting from $15/month
3 – Sales Popup (Popup Upsell)
Sales Popup, earlier known as Popup Upsell is a free Shopify exit popup app that helps you create and design customized popups to reduce cart abandonment, capture leads, and boost conversion rates. It offers five types of popups and 15+ pre-designed templates with customization options to create beautiful popups. You also get advanced analytics, trigger settings, mobile display options, and more to take popup marketing to the next level.
- 15+ popup templates
- Advanced customization options
- Reporting & analytics options
- Multiple trigger settings
- Integration with Mailchimp and Omnisend
- Free plan
4 – Adoric
Adoric is an efficient conversion rate optimization exit popup tool that helps you convert visitors into customers to boost sales & conversions. The app is pretty easy to use and navigate with lots of customization options. It focuses on delivering a personalized shopping experience. You can smoothly design creative popups by tweaking the pre-designed templates to get more clicks and responses. As the app connects easily with third-party sales/marketing tools, you can transfer the captured leads in real-time to your CRM and email marketing software.
- Huge collection of popup templates
- Simple 3-steps popup maker
- Clean and friendly analytics
- Recommendations advanced algorithm
- Easily connects with popular apps
- Free – $0
- Essentials – $29/month
- Standard – $79/month
- Pro – $199/month
5 – Wisepops
Wisepops is a popup builder to create beautiful popups, banners, full-page overlays, and bars for both mobile and desktop visitors. With a drag and drop builder, you can create unique popup campaigns in minutes without any coding knowledge to retain abandoning visitors, grow email lists, and much more. Using trigger options and advanced targeting rules, you can easily reach the right audience at the right time with intuitive popups. The mobile exit-intent technology of Wisepops sets it apart from other Shopify apps on the list.
- Drag and drop popup editor
- 50+ popup templates
- Powerful targeting options
- A/B testing and reporting/analytics
- 30+ email marketing/CRM/CMS integrations
- Small Businesses – $29/month
- 100,000 pageviews – $49/month
- 250,000 pageviews – $99/month
- 500,000 pageviews – $149/month
- 1,000,000 pageviews – $249/month
- Enterprise – Starting from $250/month (Custom quotes available)
6 – OptiMonk
OptiMonk is a popular exit-intent popup tool that focuses on eCommerce stores. If you are looking to get a free exit intent popup for Shopify, then OptiMonk is a great option that comes with a huge template library to design and display engaging popups. The built-in A/B testing engine and smart analytics let you test and find your best-converting popups easily. You can go with the free forever plan, but if you want to get the most out of this tool to boost your site conversions, then you should consider a premium plan.
- 200+ ready-to-use templates
- Shopping cart abandonment detection
- Multiple triggers and targeting rules
- Built-in A/B testing and analytics
- Integration with popular marketing and sales platforms
- Free – $0
- Essential – $24.16/month
- Growth – $65.83/month
- Premium – $165.83/month
- Master – Custom quotes on request
Read more: 10 Best OptiMonk Alternatives
7 – Popupsmart
Popupsmart is a no-code popup lead generation tool that focuses on the growth of eCommerce businesses. You can easily engage with website visitors by displaying delightful popups to capture leads and increase sales. In less than five minutes, you can get started with the user-friendly popup tool. As it is a lightweight option, there won’t be any impact on the website speed. With advanced targeting and trigger options plus seamless integration with third-party apps, Popupsmart is a good pick to grow your business.
- Smart editor to design beautiful popups
- Mobile-friendly with 4 layouts
- 55+ high-converting popup templates
- More advanced targeting options
- 100+ flawless integrations
- Basic – $29/month
- Pro – $79/month
- Expert – $129/month
8 – Personizely
Personizely is another lead generation Shopify popup tool that helps you build your mailing list and increase conversions with a complete conversion marketing toolkit. It is great for onsite retargeting, personalized popup campaigns, and much more to take your popup game to new heights. The app also integrates easily with popular sales and marketing tools to transfer captured leads’ data in real-time.
- Different types of popups, bars, full-screen overlays, alerts, etc.
- Easy to design, responsive popups
- Multiple trigger options & targeting rules
- Web personalization module
- Seamless integration with popular apps
- Plans starting from $23/month (10k visitors)
9 – Poptin
Poptin is one of the best free exit popup apps on Shopify that lets you create opt-in forms, upsell exit popups, announcement bars, full-screen overlays, and more to engage & convert more visitors into customers. You can easily develop engaging popups using Poptin to increase newsletter subscriptions and reduce cart abandonment. The popups look professional and are well-timed on your Shopify store with advanced targeting plus trigger options. Although it has a free plan, you should try the premium plan as well to witness more amazing features.
- Simple editor with customization options
- Drag and drop features
- Multiple types of website popups
- Advanced targeting options
- A/B testing and analytics
- Basic – $15/month
- Pro – $39/month
- Agency – $79/month
10 – Abandonment Protector
Abandonment Protector is an easy-to-use, exit intent popup app for Shopify that is equipped with a pre-designed template library and workflows to get started in no time. It helps you grow your mailing list and stop visitors from leaving your website. With support for Spanish and French, you can translate your popup language from English to these easily. The app is designed especially to reduce cart abandonment with smart exit-intent technology, and it will definitely boost conversions.
- Wide range of popup forms/templates
- Pre-designed workflows for automated follow-ups
- Traffic segmentation & trigger options
- Detailed reporting & statistics
- Popups are available in 3 languages
- Paid plans start from $6/month
11 – Knowband
Knowband Exit Popup Shopify is a good cart recovery software that helps you engage delightfully with website visitors. From promoting special offers and deals to making important announcements and guiding visitors to relevant products, it is a good, basic exit popup tool. The user-friendly interface makes it easy for new users to design and display popups. If you are looking to bring down your exit rates and increase customer engagement, then you can give this free tool a try.
- Advanced popup customization options
- Easy organization of collected leads
- Discount coupon management
- Optimized buying experience with well-timed popups
- Built-in integration with MailChimp
Time to Bring Back Leaving Visitors!
The list comes to an end, and we hope that you have got the right pick for your Shopify store. By following the best exit-intent popup practices, you can easily drive leads, sales, and conversions to grow your business.
If you are still confused about the best exit intent popup Shopify app, then we would suggest starting off with Picreel. With a 30-day free trial, you can try out all the features and see the boost in results. Picreel’s exit-intent technology is better than other tools to reduce cart abandonment & boost sales, and you also get a money-back guarantee. Time to get started!