SumoMe offers a free basic service, so it’s a popular starting point for businesses that don’t want to or can’t afford to invest any money into lead generation at the time. But, once you want to start adding on support, branding services, testing, and integration, fees kick in, and they aren’t the ones with the tag of the best value for money.
That is when marketers and business owners start looking for SumoMe alternatives. Fortunately, popup marketing is growing with the inclusion of new technologies, and competitors are out in the market with similar popup tools.
So, if you have tried SumoMe, you probably are familiar with the downsides of this tool. If you haven’t yet tried it and are looking to check some more alternatives to SumoMe, you have come to the right place. We have lined up some really good and innovative popup tools here.
What is SumoMe
Sumo, earlier known as SumoMe, is a suite of apps that serve many different functions. You’ll find tools for marketing, business generation and growth, and brand development. From list builder and welcome mat to share buttons and smart bars, SumoMe offers many features to increase conversions. The plugin works well with WordPress sites and helps website managers and developers to capture leads and integrate lead data with email marketing and CRM tools.
Why Look for SumoMe Alternatives
SumoMe is a good option for some businesses but is not the right one for everyone. They offer free solutions with limited functions, and when you grow more than 500$ in revenue, you will have to upgrade, and SumoMe pricing is not exactly affordable for everyone.
What’s more? The analytics are limited and advanced targeting plus A/B testing is not included in the free plan, making it difficult for small businesses to increase leads and conversions. The paid plan is also limited to just three websites and 100k visitors per month. So, it is not beneficial for large businesses or websites with massive traffic.
Also, there is no support available for users with the free plan. Definitely a lot of reasons to check out Sumo alternatives!
How to Choose the Perfect SumoMe Alternative
Well, if you want the very best SumoMe alternative, you first need to identify the business areas and metrics to target. Once you decide that, here are some of the things to look for in SumoMe alternatives.
- User-friendly Popup Editor: The popup editor should make the editing process easier for users. The navigation options should be simple to understand with proper help and instructions available for new users.
- Decent Template Library: The popup template library should be equipped with popular and common use-cases to easily use the pre-designed popup templates for promotions, limited-time deals, newsletter sign-ups, customer feedback, giveaways, etc.
- Multiple Trigger Options: Users should be able to adjust the popups display settings based on different triggers like time-based, scroll-based, exit-intent, on-click, etc. It allows marketers to target different audiences.
- Advanced Targeting Options: The SumoMe popup alternatives should offer basic and advanced targeting options like traffic-based targeting, re-targeting, location-based targeting, cookie targeting, device-based targeting, etc., to generate quality leads.
- A/B Testing & Analytics: A/B testing is important to identify top-performing popups, and the tool should offer this functionality along with advanced analytics to compare the results in depth.
- Seamless Integrations: The lead capturing should support integration with popular sales and marketing tools as your final goal is to transfer the captured leads to your favorite tools for further marketing campaigns.
- Fast Customer Support: No software is completely flawless, and problems can arise anytime. However, if the support team is responsive and quick in resolving customers’ queries, it is a big plus. So, do check out the support channels and average response time of different software vendors.
- Value for Money: Firstly, the tool should offer multiple pricing options for different websites so that businesses can change their plans based on the growth. Next, the pricing plans should be reasonable according to the features offered.
Have these points in mind before choosing the perfect SumoMe alternative for your business. Let’s check the selection criteria before getting to the list of alternatives.
Our Selection Criteria for SumoMe Alternatives
Our team of experts has tried different lead generation popup tools, and to decide the top ten out of the lot, we have decided on these selection criteria.
- Core SumoMe Features: The tool offers base features like ready-to-use editable templates, display options, trigger settings, advanced reporting & analytics, etc.
- Comparable Pricing: We have included products that are priced similar to or less than SumoMe.
- Minimum 10 user reviews published on GetApp and Capterra in the last two years: Recent reviews tell us a lot about the pros and cons of Sumo alternatives.
- High Recommendation Rating: The alternatives should have an average recommendation rating between 7 and 10 on a scale of 10 on Capterra and GetApp.
- High “Features and functionality” rating: The alternatives should have a minimum rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars on Capterra and GetApp.
10 Best SumoMe Alternatives to Increase Leads and Conversions
1 – Picreel
Picreel popup builder is our number one choice. If you have ever wanted to track visitor activity on specific pages and then target those visitors with special offers, Picreel should be on your shortlist of email opt-in solutions. The tool allows you to create custom popups and forms that are revealed when a visitor is about to leave your site. You will find plenty of exit-intent form templates to get started, or you can create your custom design to meet your customer needs best. With A/B testing, reporting & analytics, and advanced targeting options, it is a great alternative to SumoMe.
- Multi-channel campaigns with 100+ ready-to-use templates
- Advanced personalization options
- Multiple triggers and targeting options
- A/B testing with complete analytics
- Easy-to-navigate interface
- Integration with 700+ popular sales and marketing tools
- Starts at $9.99/month with a forever-free plan
2 – OptinMonster
OptinMonster is an all-in-one tool like Sumo, but it provides you with many more opt-in options than SumoMe. Instead of just email opt-ins, it lets you create multiple popups. The popups can be anything, from payment forms to blog posting and product recommendations. You also get A/B testing, multiple targeting rules, analytics, and unlimited opt-in forms at a really reasonable starting price. Also, it is an ideal choice for beginners looking to explore popup tools.
- Multiple types of popup forms
- Works with popular marketing platforms
- Segment your customers with behavior personalization.
- Manage multiple websites from one dashboard
- Tracks exit-intent accurately
- Basic – $9/month
- Plus – $19/month
- Pro – $29/month
- Growth – $49/month
3 – Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is part of the Thrive Suite that comes with many web development tools to attract visitors and boost sales. If you like features and doing your own thing, then Thrive Leads is worth a look. The email opt-in tool is a WordPress plugin making it extremely user-friendly. It’s also customizable with plenty of templates to get you started. Thrive Leads offers all the tracking and analytics that other solutions provide at a great price.
- Drag-and-drop form builder
- Smart targeting tools
- Multiple forms available
- Mobile-friendly and fully responsive popups
- Actionable reporting & analytics
- A/B testing engine
- Quarterly – $30/month
- Yearly – $19/month
4 – LeadPages
LeadPages is one of the most comprehensive email opt-in options available. While the tool’s primary focus is on landing page creation, their lead generation solution is impressive. Designs are mobile-friendly, and the tool has a huge library of templates. Best of all, you don’t need any coding skills at all to take full advantage of LeadPages. The pricing options include the complete suite, making it a good choice for users looking to improve their landing page designs and website’s overall look.
- Opt-in form and popup builder
- Lead generation and publishing tool
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Responsive design and forms
- A/B testing and analytics
- Easy to integrate with email marketing tools
- Standard – $27/month
- Pro – $59/month
- Advanced – $239/month
5 – ExitMonitor
ExitMonitor is another SumoMe alternative that is good for capturing leads right before they leave a webpage. Targeted offers can be custom-created to convert leads and increase revenue, redirect traffic, or build a social following. Like the other options, ExitMonitor integrates with email programs to make it easier to connect with leads and works via a WordPress plugin; however, it’s not exactly the budget-friendly option for some businesses.
- Exit-intent technology
- Real-time analytics
- Cart abandonment solutions
- Multiple targeting options
- Seamless integrations with marketing tools
- Lite – $39/month
- Starter – $99/month
- Basic – $249/month
- Plus – $499/month
6 – Icegram
Icegram is an exit-intent plugin to capture leads and increase engagement with visitors. The customization that the tool offers makes it effortless for marketers to run great popup campaigns. The tool comes with one of the biggest template libraries, making it super easy for users to design beautiful popups. The free plugin is limited to WordPress sites only; however, the premium plans allow you to use the tool on any type of website.
- Highly responsive forms
- Advanced customization options
- Easy to navigate interface
- A/B testing and analytics
- Geo-targeting and page-targeting options
- Free – $0
- Pro – $97/year
- Max – $147/year
- Lifetime – $249
7 – OptiMonk
OptiMonk is a popular SumoMe alternative and is a good lead generation software that focuses on eCommerce websites. The tool lets you target engaged visitors with personalized messages to increase conversions and reduce bounce rates. The precise trigger options and targeting rules are helpful in segmenting visitors to display the right offers at the right time. Although, if you are not looking for eCommerce growth, then you should consider other products on the list.
- 200+ pre-designed templates
- Multiple triggers and targeting rules
- Built-in A/B testing and analytics
- Shopping cart abandonment detection
- Integration with popular marketing and sales platforms
- Free – $0
- Essential – $24.16/month
- Growth – $65.83/month
- Premium – $165.83/month
- Master – Custom quotes on request
8 – HelloBar
HelloBar is another popular SumoMe free alternative that lets you add full-width bars on the top of your web pages. You can use the top bars, sliders, and popups to drive traffic to specific pages and capture email addresses without disturbing the user experience. The intuitive dashboard and user-friendly interface make this easy-to-integrate popup tool a good choice for marketers. Small businesses and bloggers can get a lot in the free plan.
- Easily customizable popup designs
- Bars, modals, sliders, alerts, and page takeovers
- Multiple display options and targeting rules
- A/B testing and analytics
- Integrates with popular sales and marketing tools
- Starter – $0
- Growth – $24/month
- Premium – $41/month
- Elite – $83/month
9 – PopupAlly
PopupAlly is a drag-and-drop popup plugin that helps you create customizable opt-in popups and forms with multiple branding options to match the popups with your website. The design options are wide, and you can create popups of different shapes and sizes. The floating bars and 2-step popups are great to collect leads. With an annual subscription, this is an affordable SumoMe alternative on the list.
- A/B testing and analytics
- Scroll activation
- Click-based activation
- Time-delay feature offering
- Embedded sign-up form
- Email integration
- Pro – $99/year
10 – Poptin
Poptin is one of the best free alternatives to SumoMe that lets you smartly collect leads and convert visitors. The interface is perfect for eCommerce marketers and users with no knowledge of design and programming. With more than 40 popups and forms templates, users can easily get the popup campaign underway. The exit-intent technology combined with targeting options and trigger rules allows you to target highly specific traffic based on user behavior.
- Simple editor with customization options
- Drag and drop features
- Multiple types of website popups
- Advanced targeting options
- A/B testing and analytics
- Basic – $15/month
- Pro – $39/month
- Agency – $79/month
Comparison of SumoMe Alternatives
|Yes (forever-free plan)
|No (14 days free trial)
|No (14 days free trial)
|No (30 days free trial)
Why Picreel Is a Better Alternative Than SumoMe
Well, if you want more from your lead capture solution than SumoMe can offer (or that they can offer at a price you can afford!), give Picreel a try, and you will instantly know why it is a better option.
Picreel requires no special coding skills and works with all shopping platforms, so any eCommerce-based business can use it and benefit from its lead capture technology. It’s also one of the most affordable options out there, especially when you factor in the many services and options that Picreel offers like fully managed services, expert support staff, fully customizable templates, a 15-day free trial, and complete control over the types of offers made available to your customers.
Picreel is the closest you can get to a customized lead capture solution without actually having to create a custom solution from scratch. You can check what Picreel customers have to say about their experience and results.
Make the Right Decision!
SumoMe has its upsides and downsides. But the tools mentioned above proved to be better in terms of performance, features, and pricing. If you ask us to choose the best SumoMe plugin alternative, we would recommend you Picreel to see your leads, conversions, and sales go up.
It is time to make your choice as visitors are leaving your website, and that’s a lot of lost revenue. Go through the list of best SumoMe alternatives again and choose the right popup software for your business.
Do you want instant 300% growth?
Picreel popups can get YOUR website 300% instant sales growth. See Case Studies.