The best pop up maker for WordPress can help you turn your visitors into your email subscribers and potentially improve conversion rates.
However, many feel that popups are intrusive, annoying, and bad for the customer experience.
The opinions are divided.
This is where WordPress popup makers come into play, as they specialize in creating high-converting popups without driving your users crazy.
Also, if you think which popup maker would be the most ideal for your business venture- you’re at the right place.
In this article, we’ll look at 20 of the best pop up maker for WordPress that will help you create irresistible website popups and improve conversions.
Let’s dive right in!
Contenders for the Best WordPress Popup Maker
|Tools||Advanced targeting||A/B testing||Exit-intent popups||Analytics||Price|
|Hubspot||Premium||Premium||Yes||Premium||free to use|
20 Best Pop up Builder for WordPress
There are hundreds of solutions at your disposal when it comes to WordPress popup makers. We’ve carefully picked 20 of the best popup makers for WordPress that you can use to create amazing looking for your WordPress website.
Picreel is one of the most sophisticated cloud-based popup builder tools that can help you improve lead generation and boost sales with delightful popups and forms. The tool is extremely easy to use and comes packed with pre-built templates to help users create beautiful-looking popups instantly.
With Picreel, you can easily track the digital footprint of your visitors and monitor their click behavior to target them with the most appropriate popups for better conversions.
- Create WordPress popups within minutes using 100+ built-in templates.
- Create diverse popups from scratch with the help of deep personalization and drag and drop editor.
- Measure and compare campaign performance with real users with built-in A/B testing.
- Show your popups only to the people who matter with the help of advanced targeting.
- Analyze your campaign’s performance using the built-in analysis and reporting system.
- Easy no-code setup and deployment
- 700+ integrations for a more diverse workflow
- Mobile responsive popups
- The dashboard has limited functionality
- Does not have a free plan
How much does Picreel cost?
Picreel has one plan for everything that starts at $39.97/month.
Hubspot makes creating popup for WordPress and deployment on WordPress websites completely seamless. Hubspot popup builder is extremely intuitive, and any changes you make on the popup tool are automatically synced to your website with the help of the native plugin. In addition, you can easily manage your contacts and leads as all the lead information is automatically transferred to the free Hubspot CRM account.
- Set up and deploy plugins within minutes without writing a single line of code.
- Create popups that reflect your brand with the help of diverse personalization options.
- Never build popups from scratch using the built-in template library.
- Integrate existing popups with online CRM solutions for seamless data transfer.
- See how your popups perform using built-in analytics.
- Target users with the page URLs
- Custom triggering options
- Multiple popup types
- Built-in templates can be improved for quality
- Analytics tracking can be tricky
How much does Hubspot cost?
The Hubspot popup plugin is free to use.
OptinMonster is a powerful lead online popup builder and lead generation tool that is used by millions of website owners all over the world to create popup for WordPress. The tool allows users to create tons of different types of popups, including its signature exit popups, that stop abandoning from leaving and help them convert.
- Convert abandoning visitors into leads with the help of exit intent popups.
- Show your popups to the right audience with page-level targeting and advanced display rules.
- Set up and customize your popups easily with the intuitive drag-and-drop editor.
- Choose from a set of built-in popup templates to create your designs instantly.
- Use one account for multiple websites for better accessibility.
- Create Google Analytics goals for tracking
- GDPR compliance for better safety
- Create a discount wheel popup for better engagement
- Does not have a free version
- The editor can be tricky to use
How much does OptinMonster cost?
The tool starts at $9/month.
Poptin is a free WordPress popup builder tool that is used by marketers, website owners, and digital agencies all over the world. The tool offers a variety of responsive, optimized, and customizable popup templates that users can deploy to boost email signups, reduce cart abandonment and improve engagement.
- Create lightbox, fullscreen, overlay, gamified, and different types of popups within minutes.
- Add elements such as images, videos, countdowns, and custom CSS to your popups.
- Edit and style popups with ease using the drag-and-drop editor.
- Improve your popups and achieve better conversions with the help of A/B testing.
- Enhance your popups with dynamic popups and labels.
- Java script and source code targeting
- Autopilot and Shopify cart triggers
- Send automatic emails with the autoresponder
- Understanding the dashboard can be time consuming
- The backend is not compatible with the Opera browser
How much does Poptin cost?
Poptin has a completely free plan. Paid plan starts at $20/month.
5. Ninja Popups
Ninja Popups is another very popular WordPress popup builder plugin that is a top choice for many marketers out there due to its functionality, easy integrations, and pricing. The tool allows users to create popups within minutes without having to write any code and also optimize those popups simultaneously with the help of tracking analytics.
- The tool is 100% beginner friendly and does not require any coding or tech skills.
- Build beautiful WordPress popups using the built-in drag-and-drop editor.
- Make any form an upload form by allowing users to upload files.
- Accept payments or donations by building payment forms.
- Build WordPress popup forms for any use instantly with the help of built-in templates.
- Mobile responsive themes and popups
- 27+field types
- Translate into 16+ languages
- Every add-on feature has an additional cost
- Tuning the appearance of popups can be tricky
How much does Ninja Popups cost?
The tool starts at $49/month.
Sumo is another very popular B2B lead generation tool that offers a user-friendly interface and an intuitive popup builder to help users grow their mailing list quickly. With Sumo, you can create highly targeted WordPress popup forms, smart bars, welcome bars, and surveys to improve customer engagement in
- Capture your visitor’s email address with fully customizable email opt-in forms.
- Get keen insights on the performance of your campaigns with built-in A/B testing.
- Design popups and make them aesthetic
- Navigate easily through the website with Sumo’s intuitive UI.
- Personalize website popups based on users’ performance and online behavior.
- Precise targeting options
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface
- Integrations can be tricky
- Limited pricing tiers
How much does Sumo cost?
Sumo has a completely free plan. Paid plan starts at $39/month.
PopUp Domination is one of the oldest popup builder tools in the market, which makes it extremely easy for users to create popups with the help of over 100 built-in templates. The plugin helps website owners show popups to visitors based on time spent on the page, exit intent, clicks, inactivity, and more.
- Get more email subscribers with attractive built-in email themes.
- Split-test your popups in-house and boost conversions.
- See how well your popups convert with the help of detailed analytics.
- Show popups when there is no interaction from the user’s end.
- Build unique designs with the help of custom HTML and CSS.
- Geographical targeting
- Responsive themes
- Google Analytics tracking
- Template fields are automatically deleted
- Unreliable customer support
How much does PopUp Domination cost?
The tool starts at $9/month.
8. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is another extremely popular WordPress popup builder plugin that offers built-in popup templates that you can pair with the intuitive popup builder to create beautiful popups. The tool specializes in capturing leads on your WordPress website and growing your email list. Thrive Leads is extremely straightforward and comes with an intuitive popup builder, which makes it easy to use for anyone.
- Deploy a diverse range of forms, including lightbox popups, inline forms, 2-step opt-in, and more.
- Customize popups with ease with the help of a simple drag-and-drop editor.
- Know how your forms perform with basic A/B testing and analytics.
- Reach the right audience with page-level targeting that includes categories, tags, posts, and more.
- Integrate your popups in your email campaigns with all popular email tools.
- Templates are extremely easy to customize
- Mobile friendly popups
- Some features may not work without third-party plugins
- There is a slight learning curve
How much does Thrive Leads cost?
The tool starts at $99/quarter.
TrustPulse is a unique WordPress popup maker that leverages social proof to help users boost conversions on their website. The tool encourages more people to sign up or make a purchase by cleverly showing social proof notifications on the website to build trust and trigger FOMO.
- Use urgency and social proof to trigger FOMO and improve conversions.
- See your visitor’s activity and purchases as they happen with real-time tracking.
- Show social proof to the right people at all times with smart targeting.
- Customize your popups as per your linking with deep personalization options.
- Easy to set up and default social proofs work with minimal modifications.
- Does not impact the page load speed
- All the codes load asynchronously from the cloud servers
- Easy-to-use interface with a low learning curve
- Unreliable customer support
How much does TrustPulse cost?
The tool starts at $5/month.
Icegram is one of the best and most reliable WordPress plugins that help you convert your visitors with beautiful opt-in forms. A great thing about this plugin is that unlike the other plugins in the market, it comes with converting messenger, hello bar, and toast notification. Also, the tool is free to use.
- Customize your popups however you want by adding custom CSS and Java scripts.
- Show your popups only to the people who matter with page, post, and device-based targeting.
- Improve conversions significantly with optimized lightboxes and timed popups.
- Generate leads seamlessly with sleek action bars.
- Create engagement on your website with the appealing slide-in messenger.
- Built-in analytics and reporting
- A diverse range of integrations
- The user interface can be tricky to use
- It only offers 20 built-in templates
How much does Icegram cost?
The tool starts at $5/month.
MailOptin helps users generate leads and improve conversion rates with some of the best automation capabilities. Users can easily create beautiful popups without writing a single line of code with the help of a simple drag-and-drop editor. MailOptin is also GDPR compliant, which makes it ideal for any WordPress website.
- Never miss a lead using before and after opt-in forms.
- Display targeted messages and help visitors convert with custom call-to-action buttons.
- Display your popups to the right people at the right time with page-level targeting and scheduling.
- Catch abandoning visitors before they leave with built-in exit intent technology.
- See how your popups perform with A/B testing.
- Scroll triggers
- Adblock detection
- Autoresponder for emails
- Display rules and triggers are not specific enough
- Autoresponder is only included in the top-tier pricing options
How much does MailOptin cost?
The tool starts at $89/year.
Elementor is one of the best WordPress popup plugins that helps users design stunning popups with its popular WordPress popup plugin. The tool uses the same interface as the page builder, which allows users to apply the same widgets and styling options to the popups, which include buttons, timers, opt-in forms, and more.
- Create popups seamlessly with a simple no-code drag-and-drop editor.
- Only engage with the right audience with the help of precise targeting.
- Convert leads on the spot using the built-in conversion tools.
- Build popups instantly with the help of professionally-created templates.
- Match the popups to reflect your brand with deep customization options.
- Complete page templates
- Precise trigger options
- Collect answers with survey forms
- It has a steep learning curve
- Reduces the loading time of the page
How much does Elementor cost?
The tool starts at $59/year.
Bloom is a popular WordPress popup plugin that is created by one of the oldest commercial theme shops of WordPress. Bloom is extremely popular among bloggers as it provides easy-to-use popup-building capabilities with almost no complications. The user interface is easy to figure out and use for all sorts of users.
- Generate more engagement with the built-in email marketing feature.
- Choose from over 100+ fully customizable templates and create designs instantly.
- Target or exclude specific pages and posts and display popups only on the content you want.
- Create automatic opt-in popups that are triggered based on timing or page activity.
- Integrate with popular email marketing platforms to supercharge your marketing efforts.
- Customizable borders and edges
- Automatic fly-ins and popup triggers
- Does not have exit-intent technology
- Does not include a visual customizer
How much does Bloom cost?
The tool starts at $89/year.
14. Popup Maker
Popup Maker is another very popular WordPress plugin that is used by over 300,000 websites all across the world. It’s a perfect plugin for marketers who want to create responsive and engaging plugins using the WYSIWYG editor. There are plenty of built-in themes and displaying options available too.
- Catch leaving visitors and convert them with the exit-intent technology.
- Always display your popups at the right time with precise scheduling options.
- Don’t let your visitors ignore your popups with forced interaction settings.
- Only show your popups to the relevant people with precise targeting options.
- Customize the frequency of your popups based on cookies.
- Built-in analytics for performance measurement
- Age verification and AJAX login modals
- No built-in A/B testing functionality
- Does not include pre-built templates
How much does Popup Maker cost?
The tool starts at $87/year.
15. Popup Builder
Popup Builder is another WordPress plugin similar to Popup Maker that has more than 100,000 users worldwide and allows users to create promotional models with ease and improve conversions.
- Customize the look and feel of your brand with 100% customizable designs.
- Select where you want to display your popups with display rules.
- Select when and which actions to happen with event customization.
- Target based on precise rules with the help of advanced targeting.
- Improve the power of your popups with a diverse set of integrations.
- Unlimited popup creation and customization
- Time-based segmentation
- Base plans do not include targeting options
- Does not have age restriction rules
How much does Popup Builder cost?
The tool starts at $49.95/year.
PopupAlly is a WordPress popup builder that has over 10,000 users globally thanks to its extremely capable services. With PopupAlly’s exit-intent technology, users can create lightbox popups with ease and convert their abandoning visitors. The tool also offers built-in templates and a flexible drag-and-drop editor.
- Create stunning popup designs instantly with the help of built-in templates.
- Improve conversions while staying compliant with GDPR-friendly checkboxes.
- Add value to your popups by adding videos to them.
- Improve the user experience of your visitors with smart subscriber recognition.
- Improve your popups on the go with split testing and built-in analytics.
- Mini survey popups
- Add social media codes and videos to popups
- The free version lacks most features
How much does PopupAlly cost?
The tool starts at $99/year.
ConvertPlus is one of the best popup plugins for WordPress that can help users generate more subscribers and sales through popups, headers, footers, sidebars, slide-in forms, social buttons, and more.
- Create diverse forms with the intuitive form designer and multiple supported fields.
- Customize how your module enters the screen with over 80 different transitions.
- Modify your modules from top to bottom with custom CSS.
- Import from over 700 Google fonts to improve your modules and make them look amazing.
- Get real-time analytics of clicks, views, and conversions to see how your popups perform.
- Two-step and mobile-specific popups
- User inactivity trigger
- Limited campaign types
How much does ConvertPlus cost?
The tool starts at $23/year.
18. Green Popups
Green Popups take a similar approach to popups, just like other competitors in this list. The tool allows users to change not just the colors, font, and text of the popups but also a lot more to make them extremely beautiful and engaging. Green Popups offer over 20 popup elements to never let users run out of options.
- Create popups with ease using the built-in drag-and-drop editor and a resourceful popup library.
- Customize how, when, and where to display your popups with advanced targeting systems.
- Create an unlimited number of A/B test campaigns and get analytics on each of their performance.
- Perform actions based on the user’s input with the help of conditional logic.
- Automatically submit user input and transfer data seamlessly with 3rd party integrations.
- Perform real-time mathematical calculations with math expressions
- Request money with payment options
- Get real-time popup stats and confirmed payment notifications
- It has a slight learning curve
How much does Green Popups cost?
The tool starts at $21/year.
Beeketing is another WordPress popup builder that has thousands of downloads and makes it extremely easy for users to generate engagement and improve conversion. The tool offers exit-intent technology, coupon popups, and email marketing which makes it ideal for all sorts of businesses.
- Track your visitors’ behavior in your store and understand them better.
- Connect all the data to a single person even when your visitors use multiple devices.
- Understand what your customers need and improve conversions with smart recommendations.
- Optimize marketing automation in real-time with crucial customer data.
- Follow up on your visitors with personalized emails for more conversions.
- Send automated reengaging emails
- Send target recommendations automatically
- Unreliable customer support
- Limited formatting options
How much does Beeketing cost?
Beeketing is free to use. Paid plans start at $19/month.
Hustle is a perfect WordPress popup maker that allows users to popups, email opt-ins, slide-ins, and floating bars to improve conversion rates. Also, customization is extremely easy with Hustle, and the tool also gives advanced targeting options to help users choose their target segment carefully.
- Design beautiful popups instantly with built-in and ready-to-use templates.
- Create stylish designs and customize your popups for both mobile and desktop.
- Take styling and customization even further with a custom CSS editor.
- Display your popups whenever you want with highly specific display settings.
- Schedule your popups to display at the perfect time for maximum effectiveness.
- Gutenberg WordPress Editor block
- Recaptcha spam protection
- Bypass Adblock with ease
- A/B testing is not included in the free versions
- Some integrations are tricky to implement
How much does Hustle cost?
The tool starts at $8/month.
Pick the Best WordPress Popup Creator and Improve Your Conversion
WordPress popup plugins are absolutely necessary if you want to embed popups on your WordPress website and improve conversions. Getting users to take action is not easy, and you should make use of every possible resource you can get your hands on.
Thankfully, there are tons of popup makers for WordPress, including many free and paid ones, so you’re never going to run out of options.
Also, if you are looking to convert your visitors instantly and gather information seamlessly, Picreel is a solid pick for you, as you can do all of that under one roof. You can also integrate the tool with your WordPress website without writing a single line of code.